Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend.

This past weekend has definitely been a weekend of firsts.  For starters on Saturday I was able to bottle wine.  Like homemade wine straight from a glass jug into a wine bottle and then cork it.  I did both the bottling and the corking.  Not at the same time and of course not by myself.  If I did that by myself there would be wine everywhere and maybe one unbroken bottle.  So actually I was assisting, and not taking the reigns on this.  Then Saturday night I went out for the first time this year.  So maybe not an exciting first, but a first nonetheless.  Finally yesterday, Monday, September 3rd, 2012, I, Stacy O'Neill, experienced my first demolition derby. And it was AWESOME!  While I might not have screamed, hooted, or hollered as loud as the other people in the stands, I was definitely boiling over with excitement inside.  The was so much metal crashing, fire's starting, mud flying.  It was something I have never ever experienced before in my life, but this surely will not be the last time.  I know this for a fact.  This was one of the coolest things ever and I will surely remember it for ever.  While it was very hot out and I was basically cooking in the sun, it was totally worth it.  I had the best time ever.  And who knows, this might have been better then the time I went shooting...

Demolition derby

No comments:

Post a Comment