Monday, February 3, 2014

The People Who Stay

If there is one thing I learned in my life it is that people will come and go.  Some people are meant to teach you lessons.  Others are meant to pick up your broken pieces.  Some are meant to make you grow.  It does not matter who it is; each person is there for a reason.  I have had my fair share of people come and go.  I have had my heart broken and I have broken a few myself.  I have cried and I have laughed.  I would not have it any other way.  Yet there are some things I have noticed.  There are some people in my life who have been there with me through it all: the tears, the laughter, the silly ideas, the late night phone calls, and the stupid mistakes.  I focused so much on those who came and went that I forgot to focus on those who have come and stayed.  My friends.  I have no idea what I would do without them.  They have dealt with me at my best and my worst, especially this past week.  I was a roller coaster of emotions.  I mean now I am happy and amazing, but, my god, this last week was crazy.  I was all over the place.  If it wasn't for them I do not know if I could have done it.  They are all truly amazing.  They are people I never want to lose in my life and I just want to say thank you to them.  Some say you never really appreciate what you have until it is gone, but, trust me, I know just how lucky I am.  I am lucky I realized it now and not when it was to late.  These people are the best things that have ever happened to me and I just hope that one day I can be as good a friend to them as they are to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment