Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mi familia.

There is one thing in the world that we cannot choose.  One thing that is truly ruled by fate: family.  Everyone has one.  You may love them or you may hate them.  You may see them everyday or they may no longer be with you.  But the one thing everyone shares is that at some point or another they had a family.  Now my family is not perfect.  We are loud, we fight, we are crazy, and extremely dysfunctional.  But on rare occasions you can see us all together laughing and having a good time, and it's actually genuine.  I might not talk to my family everyday and I might not always express how I feel, but one thing is for sure, I love them with all my heart, even my brother and my sister.  I did not choose them but I can honestly say that I would not change them for the world.  I may not always agree with what they say, but they give the best advice and are always there for me.  So I guess what I'm saying is that if you still have family around tell them you love them.  If you do not talk to them, just give them a call.  Family is the one thing that will never leave you.  You may fight, you may fight to great extremes, but they are your flesh and blood.  They love you even if they do not say anything.  So never ignore or put your family on the back burner.  Also remember that one day you will have a family of your own.  So love them with your heart, but also make sure you give them some space.  Your a child right now, so remember if/when you have your own children treat them how you want your parents to treat you.  But like I have said time and time again, love your family.  They are the only thing that will never leave you, even if it seems like they have.  I'm telling you a phone call will let them know how you feel about them and make their day.


My family.  They may be a little embarrassing, but I love them just the same.

Photo taken by Jane Hasty Photography.

Here is a link to other photos of my family!  http://www.janehastyphotography.com/?p=7899

No comments:

Post a Comment